ADSM-L

Re: Matching node number to node name?

2003-10-23 14:31:06
Subject: Re: Matching node number to node name?
From: Joe Howell <jhowell_tsm AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 11:29:23 -0700
Thanks - I talked with support and they're going to send me some 'show'
commands that I can run to find out what the problem is.  I've not been able to
pin down exactly what the node_name to node_number relationship is using the
database (yet!).   My concern is that some sort of global table lock is
happening and that's causing problems for my backups.

Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU> wrote:...
>ANR9999D IMFS(3570): ThreadId<6027> Lock conflict error in obtaining sLock for
>node 39, filespace 7

Joe - I regret that I haven't the knowledge to advise on getting the nodename
from the number; but you may see nearby messages about a client session
failing as a result, or the like.

You may be able to compensate for this problem by reducing the simultaneity of
sessions and processes, or by increasing server option RESOURCETimeout if
it is rather small (the default in v5 is 60 minutes, boosted from its
introductory value of 10 due to too many customer db contention problems).
But this may be a product problem that you need to refer to TSM Support.

Richard Sims, BU

Joe Howell
Shelter Insurance Companies
Columbia, MO