ADSM-L

restoring UNIX client data

2003-10-22 16:26:03
Subject: restoring UNIX client data
From: "Gable, Josh" <josh.gable AT EDS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 15:24:04 -0500
Folks,

We are having issues finding the exact syntax needed to restore an entire
directory structure and all files contained within, and "dsmc ?" is no help.
The directory we were attempting to restore was the 'test' directory.  We
have tried the following:

dsmc restore /Prod_App/example/test/"*" /var/tmp/ -subdir=yes
dsmc restore "/Prod_App/example/test/*" /var/tmp/ -subdir=yes
dsmc restore /Prod_App/example/test/* /var/tmp/ -subdir=yes

And probably several other variations.  At best, we were only able to
restore 2500 of 7000 files needed.  We ended up having to bring up a GUI
from the Unix client to properly restore all files.  Can anyone help us out?

Thanks in advance,

Josh Gable
EDS
Enterprise Storage - Tulsa Backup and Recovery
MD 326
4000 North Mingo Road
Tulsa, OK 74116-5020