ADSM-L

Upgrade TSM 5.1.7 to 5.2.0 - how long should upgradedb take?

2003-10-21 13:42:30
Subject: Upgrade TSM 5.1.7 to 5.2.0 - how long should upgradedb take?
From: Robin Sharpe <Robin_Sharpe AT BERLEX DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 13:40:27 -0400
Hi all,

Today we started our upgrade of TSM 5.1.7 to 5.2.0.  Our TSM server is
HP-UX 11i, TSM database is 112GB, about 80% used.  After the install of the
TSM product, the 'dsmserv -upgradedb' command is run during server reboot
(that's how it is done on HP-UX.... the startup screen says "Configuring
all unconfigured software filesets").  At this point, the system is not
responding to pings... we suspect it is performing the upgradedb in
single-user mode, or maybe just hasn't started network processes yet.  The
system has been in this state for over three hours.... is this "normal"?  I
don't recall the upgrade from 4.1 to 5.1 taking this long.

Thanks for any tips...
Robin Sharpe
Berlex Labs