ADSM-L

TSM Downward Scaleability

2003-10-21 10:56:05
Subject: TSM Downward Scaleability
From: Douglas Currell <dlcurrell AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 10:54:20 -0400
The organization that I work for deploys TSM quite
sucessfully at its large main sites that serve some
+4000 nodes. It is very apparent that TSM scales
upwardly very well but I believe that scaling down is
something else. MY question is this:How can similar
services be delivered to sites where there are less
than ten nodes, limited bandwidth, no system
administrators and, most importantly, tiny budgets.

The organization can comfortably absorb the price of
software and TSM licensing for these sites but
there';s no budget to equip each site with a dual tape
drive library. What are the alternatives? An
autoloader, for example.??