ADSM-L

Re: Moving from NT TSM to AIX TSM

2003-10-21 09:09:37
Subject: Re: Moving from NT TSM to AIX TSM
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 01:37:40 +0300
This is not going to work due to different byte ordering within the word
between Windows and AIX!!!

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

"Crawford, Lindy" <lcrawford AT BOECORP.CO DOT ZA>
17.10.2003 18:18

        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        cc:
        Subject:        Moving from NT TSM to AIX TSM

Hi TSMers,

We are busy trying to test our dr procedures. At the one site we have an
Window NT server with TSM 4.2 server and on the other site we have an
Aix server with TSM 5.1 server.

We want to restore the tsm database from the Windows TSM server to the
Aix tsm server. Is this possible to do...???

How can I go about this....any ideas....

Thank you in advance.

Lindy Crawford
Information Technology
Nedbank Corporate - Property & Asset Finance
*+27-31-3642185
 +27-31-3642946
*lcrawford AT boecorp.co DOT za < mailto:lcrawford AT boecorp.co DOT za
<mailto:lcrawford AT boecorp.co DOT za> >

This email and any accompanying attachments may contain confidential and
proprietary information.  This information is private and protected by
law and accordingly if you are not the intended recipient you are
requested to delete this entire communication immediately and are
notified that any disclosure copying or distribution of or taking any
action based on this information is prohibited.

Emails cannot be guaranteed to be secure or free of errors or viruses.
The sender does not accept any liability or responsibility for any
interception corruption destruction loss late arrival or incompleteness
of or tampering or interference with any of the information contained in
this email or for its incorrect delivery or non-delivery for whatsoever
reason or for its effect on any electronic device of the recipient.

If verification of this email or any attachment is required please
request a hard-copy version