ADSM-L

Re: Move data

2003-10-20 15:50:54
Subject: Re: Move data
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 15:48:42 -0400
Try running you reclamation at say 90% and see if that doesn't
 free a bunch up.  You may have so many that it is trying to reclaim
say 100 tapes ansd will take forever as more tapes are added each day.

Try 90% for a couple of days.

David B. Longo
System Administrator
Health First, Inc.
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
PH      321.434.5536
Pager  321.634.8230
Fax:    321.434.5509
david.longo AT health-first DOT org

>>> GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM 10/20/03 03:32PM >>>
>        I have used the MOVE DATA without any problems.  Usually it is
>because of a percieved problem with the offsite tape.  But it should work
>for what you want to do.
>        WHy doesn't Reclaimation get this done for you?
>Matt

That is a good question. There are no errors showing in the logs for any of
the tapes. Sometimes when I come in in the morning reclamation is still
running on the offsite pool, yet I still seem to find tapes in a 30% filling
status out there for long periods of time. Is there a better setting for a
reclamin_on script I should use that would better force these to another
tape?

I will surely give it a go and see if this helps. I hate to see so many 40%
and lower filling tapes out there when I could have them here as scratch.

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC
E-Mail:   gillg AT saic DOT com
Phone:  (858) 826-4062
Pager:   (877) 905-7154

This message is for the named person's use only.  It may
contain confidential, proprietary, or legally privileged
information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived or
lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this message
in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it
from your system, destroy any hard copies of it, and notify
the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use,
disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message
if you are not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves
the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its
networks.  Any views or opinions expressed in this message
are solely those of the individual sender, except (1) where
the message states such views or opinions are on behalf of
a particular entity;  and (2) the sender is authorized by
the entity to give such views or opinions.