ADSM-L

Re: Authentication error

2003-10-16 10:18:14
Subject: Re: Authentication error
From: William Rosette <Bill_Rosette AT PAPAJOHNS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 10:03:39 -0400
Here is the problem.  I had to load 1.1 TDP Lotus Domino, because I am
awaiting the approval of upper management to approve the IBM maintenance so
that I can get the CD with the new license and new 5.2 Domino.  The client
is Win2000 which shouldn't be a problem since I have 1.1 working on other
Win2000 clients.  Since I have 1.1, I also have no support (can't call
IBM/Tivoli).  The Authentication error seems to be from the previous
passwordaccess generate.  My thinking is that the stored password is
incorrect and I need to reset it somehow.  I did have a command that ran in
baclient that would display the current passwordaccess generate password,
but can not find as of now.  I also removed the service to see if that
would work to no avail.  My next step will probably be an uninstall and
reinstall, (hopefully the uninstall will clear the password generate).
Another question would be is, I have 2 client nodes on the same client.  1
is doing the normal (nondatabase) stuff, and 2. the Domino one is suppose
to do the Domino only.  Both have dsm.opt files (in separate directories
(baclient & domino)) with passwordaccess generate, is this an issue?

Thank You,
Bill Rosette
Data Center/IS/Papa Johns International
WWJD

                      rbs AT bu DOT edu
                                               To:       Bill_Rosette AT
PAPAJOHNS DOT COM
                      10/16/2003 09:37         cc:
                      AM                       Subject:  Re: Authentication
error

>Thanks Del, I tried but same error message.  I had been trying domdsmc q
>adsm -adsmpwd=password and getting the same error.  I even tried
>capitalization and still no effect (never know)

Bill - I've seen keyboard problems be the issue with password rejections.
       Often times, passwords use chars which are not normally used in
every day typing.  Using a text editor or the like, enter your password
and see if it appears as it should.  Watch out for "dead keys" or keys
which generate multiples when pressed once.  You may find a piece of
pizza gumming up the works.  :-)

   Richard