ADSM-L

Re: EXCLUDE / Client Opt and 2K3

2003-10-15 16:01:21
Subject: Re: EXCLUDE / Client Opt and 2K3
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 13:59:28 -0600
I don't know... what does QUERY INCLEXCL show?   :-)

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
10/15/2003 12:47

        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        cc:
        Subject:        EXCLUDE / Client Opt and 2K3

I am having the most bizzare time with a new 2K3 server and the latest
client, V5.1.6.9  (still running 5.1 server so keeping 2K3 clients
downlevel).

A backup session reports numerous errors of the like:

10/15/2003 15:22:34 ANS1497W Duplicate include/exclude option 'EXCLUDE
*:\...\pagefile.sys' found while processing the client options passed by
the server.
This might produce unexpected results.

I have double-checked the users DSM.OPT. It does not have any EXCLUDE
statements.

I have double-checked the CLOPTSET. I have been and are currently using
this same CLOPTSET on numerous other servers without these errors.

What gives ?