ADSM-L

AW: Upgrading to TSM 5.2 on a AIX 4.3.3

2003-10-14 09:35:39
Subject: AW: Upgrading to TSM 5.2 on a AIX 4.3.3
From: "Gloeer, Kirsten" <kirsten.gloeer AT IWR.FZK DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 15:33:50 +0200
It's necessary to upgrade to AIX 5.1. Have a look at the installation README:

* $$1 AIX OS level correction to Quickstart manual
*

For IBM Tivoli Storage Manager v5r2 and later releases, AIX Operating System
version 4 is not supported since it is scheduled to go out of service at the
end of 2003. The Publications for IBM Tivoli Storage Manager v5r2 were frozen
before the decision was made to not support AIX 4.3 with this release if the
Storage Manager. We neglected to add this change to the "GA" README.

Best regards,
Kirsten