ADSM-L

Re: Upgrading to TSM 5.2 on a AIX 4.3.3

2003-10-14 09:31:27
Subject: Re: Upgrading to TSM 5.2 on a AIX 4.3.3
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 09:29:42 -0400
>Interestingly enough, I went to the technical documentation on the TSM
>website and looked at the installation information, and it says that it
>can be run on 4.3.3.

Manuals are big, static things which see "punctuated evolution" rather
than frequent changes.  Readme files, bulletins, and web advisories
supercede info in the manuals, as was recently distributed to the ADSM-L
readers by IBM.  Stay attuned to all information sources.

As the Readme says:

   "For IBM Tivoli Storage Manager v5r2 and later releases, AIX Operating System
    version 4 is not supported since it is scheduled to go out of service at the
    end of 2003. The Publications for IBM Tivoli Storage Manager v5r2 were
frozen
    before the decision was made to not support AIX 4.3 with this release if the
    Storage Manager."

  Richard Sims, http://people.bu.edu/rbs