ADSM-L

Re: 'Maximum Scratch Volumes Allowed' clarrification

2003-10-13 19:10:17
Subject: Re: 'Maximum Scratch Volumes Allowed' clarrification
From: Gordon Woodward <gordon.woodward AT DB DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 09:08:29 +1000
Thanks for the reply John. There is 5 nodes associated with this particular
tape storage pool, with a total figure of 14 filespaces shared between them.
The re-use delay parameter is currently at 0 and the migration processes is set
to 1. I did have migration processes at 2 but scaled it back to 1 to see if
that would help with the tape use.

I'll keep looking and see if there is anything else out of the ordinary.

Thanks,

Gordon

                      john.naylor@SCOTTISH-SOU
                      THERN.CO.UK                     To:       ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      Sent by:                        cc:
                      ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU            Subject:  Re:
'Maximum Scratch Volumes Allowed' clarrification

                      10/10/2003 06:06 PM
                      Please respond to ADSM-L

Gordon,
Maxscratch is just a value you set high enough to prevent failures due to
running out of storage.
It will not use more tapes
Look at your reuse delay values
Try a move data against the 6 empty filling tapes
The number of filling tapes in a collocated pool should bear some
relationship to either the number of nodes or filespaces depending on the
type of collocation.
If you have multiple filling tapes for the same node/filespace then you
probably have scheduling issues
John

Gordon Woodward <gordon.woodward AT db DOT com>@vm.marist.edu> on 10/10/2003
12:23:15 AM

Please respond to "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <adsm-l AT vm.marist DOT edu>

Sent by:    "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <adsm-l AT vm.marist DOT edu>