ADSM-L

Re: Client : MS Cluster active - active

2003-10-13 15:10:34
Subject: Re: Client : MS Cluster active - active
From: John Monahan <JMonahan AT COMPURES DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 14:16:37 -0500
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 10/13/2003
09:44:48 AM:

> TSM Server 5.1.6.2 ( AIX)
> TSM Client 5.1.5.15 (W2K cluster)
>
> Cluster node a - Has drive f$
> Cluster node b - Has drive g$
>
> To apply patches to the systems, nodea f$ is failed to node b, patches
> applied to nodea and rebooted, f$ and g$ are failed to node a, Node b
then
> gets patch and rebooted then g$ is failed back to node b.
>
> At this point, backups can not be performed on either f$ or g$, only the
top
> level directories are backed up and no failures are indicated in the
Client
> log or the TSM server activity log.

Only top level directories are backed up on f: and g:?  How do you know
this?

> Each node has a scheduler, If I restart the schedulers the scheduled
backups
> run fine at next schedule.

What schedmode are you using?  Is your scheduler service defined in cluster
administrator?

What if you do a failover without doing the patches part, does the same
thing happen?