ADSM-L

Client : MS Cluster active - active

2003-10-13 10:46:45
Subject: Client : MS Cluster active - active
From: "Ochs, Duane" <Duane.Ochs AT QG DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 09:44:48 -0500
TSM Server 5.1.6.2 ( AIX)
TSM Client 5.1.5.15 (W2K cluster)

Cluster node a - Has drive f$
Cluster node b - Has drive g$

To apply patches to the systems, nodea f$ is failed to node b, patches
applied to nodea and rebooted, f$ and g$ are failed to node a, Node b then
gets patch and rebooted then g$ is failed back to node b.

At this point, backups can not be performed on either f$ or g$, only the top
level directories are backed up and no failures are indicated in the Client
log or the TSM server activity log.

Each node has a scheduler, If I restart the schedulers the scheduled backups
run fine at next schedule.

Has anyone else experienced this ? Or maybe have an idea why I am seeing
this .