ADSM-L

Re: ADSM with Windows 2003 Server and SFU 3.5

2003-10-10 09:33:26
Subject: Re: ADSM with Windows 2003 Server and SFU 3.5
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 15:29:35 +0200
On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 15:06:40 +0200
Gregor Küpper <kuepper AT INFORMATIK.UNI-BONN DOT DE> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we have a installation with a Windows 2003 Cluster and Microsoft
> Services for UNIX SFU 3.5
> In SFU we enable case sensitive filename processing. ( AAA.txt is not
> the same as aaa.txt )
> We are able to backup these files, but cannot restore them.
> The error message is: file already exist
> Who can help us?
>
> Regards,
>
> Gregor K|pper

IBM can. As soon as Tivoli is ready to admit that it is a feature of the
NTFS filesystem to be not only case preserving, but also case-sensitive, and
they are ready to admit that is is their job to be able to backup and
restore all files that can legally excist on a NTFS filesystem.

Basically IBM claims WAD, NTFS is not supposed to be used in a case
sensitive way, so we don't support that....

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Reken- en Netwerkdiensten                      http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams