ADSM-L

Re: ADSM with Windows 2003 Server and SFU 3.5

2003-10-10 09:30:12
Subject: Re: ADSM with Windows 2003 Server and SFU 3.5
From: "Wheelock, Michael D" <Michael.Wheelock AT INTEGRIS-HEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 08:27:14 -0500
Hi,

This sounds like a permissions issue.  Can you, for example, restore the
AAA.txt file to another location, then copy it to the nfs shares?  If you
can't then you are running into a permission issue (typically on the
unix/vms side) and need to look at the file perms there.  The only other
thing I can think of is that the user whose context the restore is running
as, may not have the permissions too.  Others on the list can check me if I
am wrong, but there are occasions where the restore can run as the local
system account with no network privs.  This may also be messing you up.  If
you are doing an interactive restore through the gui, it should run as your
user contect though.  Just some ideas to look at.

Just out of curiosity, why are you backing up things through sfu instead of
actually backing up the systems the files reside on?

Michael Wheelock
Integris Health