ADSM-L

Re: TDPSQL Restore Problem

2003-10-09 14:10:51
Subject: Re: TDPSQL Restore Problem
From: Chris Leonard <christopher-leonard AT UIOWA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 13:09:00 -0500
Kris:  You are on the right track.  A differential backup in SQL can only be
applied against the last full that was taken before the differential.  It
sounds like you're trying to apply a differential that was created after the
non-TDP backup to the full that was created through TDP.  This cannot work.

I'm not a TDP/ADSM expert, so I'll let others chime in on that, but in SQL
terms what you have to do is restore the non-TDP full backup, and then apply
your differential to it.

Any chance you're taking log backups also?  The non-TDP full backup would
*not* prevent you from applying the TDP full and then rolling forward using
log records...

Cheers,
Chris
___________________________________