ADSM-L

Re: Netware issue: Can't write files -- known bug...

2003-10-08 16:49:10
Subject: Re: Netware issue: Can't write files -- known bug...
From: Justin Derrick <ADSM AT JUSTINDERRICK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 16:47:04 -0400
Thanks everyone for your replies...  This has been the result so far...

We temporarily gave up on the Web GUI.  We weren't sure if that was
part of the problem.
Restore onto the test system (as suggested) worked.  2.15GB, 87k+
files, no errors.
A second attempt at restoring from the GUI on the original server failed again.
The only difference between the original system and the test system was NSS.

A review of the ReadMe for the Novell Client enlightened us, but gave
us an unhappy answer.

Apparently, this is a known issue with the Novell Client, with the
description starting with "NWSNTSWriteDataSet with SMS Error
0xFFFDFFB5".  It doesn't reference a PMR or Novell Incident Number,
which is worrysome, since it doesn't provide my customer with any
information on who to harass regarding this issue.  The circumvention
provided in the document is, in a word, 'unacceptable' to the
administrators here...  Hopefully either Novell or IBM will tag this
item as important for the next release.

In closing, if anyone has any additional information about this
issue, I'd greatly appreciate it -- otherwise, I'll consider it
closed.

Thanks again to everyone who responded so quickly and with such
insightful suggestions.  =)

-JD.