ADSM-L

Re: Oracle Recovery failed

2003-10-08 13:02:12
Subject: Re: Oracle Recovery failed
From: Nalevajko Tomas <nalevajk AT DCS.FMPH.UNIBA DOT SK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 18:53:55 +0200
On Thursday 25 September 2003 16:00, Neil Rasmussen wrote:
> The log from the first backup is a little baffling because Oracle is
> claiming that it cannot find the archive log but Data Protection for
> Oracle is not complaining. Compare it to the second log where DP for
> Oracle is actually giving an error that the archive log requested by
> Oracle cannot be found on the TSM Server. The information that you have
> given me thus far does not tell me much.
>
> However, in this RAC environment are you backing up your data all from the
> same node in the cluster? If not are you duplicating the DP for Oracle
> nodename to all DP for Oracle nodes so that all the backups are cataloged
> to the TSM Server under the same node? The most common problem seen in RAC
> environments are the fact that backups are done from different nodes from
> within the environment but each node is using slightly different TSM/TDP
> options so that during the restore to a particular node not all of the
> backup information can be retrieved.
>
> These are just some thoughts that I have. If none of this helps I highly
> suggest that you use our support channels to resolve this problem; they
> are knowledgable in this area.

Finally we come to solution. These suggestions really helped me a lot. Backup
was always from one node but I checked naming for cluster nodes and node
names were different. Future problems where avoid;-) But real problem was
with RMAN catalog. Archive logs existed on medias, also in TSM but RMAN
labeled them as expired. So Oracle admin forced RMAN to not set archive logs
to expired state and recovery went ok.

--
Nalevajko Tomas

e-mail: nalevajk AT dcs.fmph.uniba DOT sk
homepage: www.dcs.fmph.uniba.sk/~nalevajk