ADSM-L

TSM and storage pools

2003-10-08 12:55:15
Subject: TSM and storage pools
From: "Brian L. Nick" <BRIAN.NICK AT PHOENIXWM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 09:51:39 -0400
Hello everyone,

We are moving from TSM 4.2.1.9 on OS/390 to TSM 5.2 on AIX 5.2 and I have
the opportunity to recreate all of my Policy Domains, storage pools,
management classes and copy groups. I was wondering if anyone would like to
share opinions with regards to structure. What I mean is one large disk
pool for primary or breaking up the pool into several smaller pools. I am
looking for performance issues as well as maintenance issues. We are
backing up about 240 clients nightly from several different platforms
including AIX, NETWARE, NT, OS/2, WINDOWS 2000 and Sun Solaris systems
moving about 200GB of data nightly.

 Any information / ideas that anyone wishes to provide would be
appreciated. If you'd like you can contact me at my e-mail address below or
via the phone number also listed below.

 Thanks,
    Brian

Brian L. Nick
Systems Technician - Storage Solutions
The Phoenix Companies Inc.
100 Bright Meadow Blvd
Enfield CT. 06082-1900

E-MAIL:  Brian.Nick AT phoenixwm DOT com
PHONE:   (860)403-2281

 CONFIDENTIAL: This communication, including attachments, is intended only for
the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or
privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that you have received this document in error, and any use, review,
copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail, delete this communication and destroy any and all copies of this
communication.