ADSM-L

Re: Netware issue: Can't write files during restore...

2003-10-07 17:27:34
Subject: Re: Netware issue: Can't write files during restore...
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 17:24:58 -0400
As another quick idea, try restoring just certain folders or subfolders that
had failed before, if no luck with other suggestions.

David Longo

>>> ADSM AT JUSTINDERRICK DOT COM 10/07/03 05:02PM >>>
Hi leonard, Charles, Mark...

The files fail during the restore, and it's not a case of it
terminating early and giving us a false positive.

User Quotas is a possibility -- users are limited to 10MB, so anyone
with more than 5MB could conceivably have their restore fail.  I'll
talk to the admin about temporarily lifting the limits.

The Netware box is fairly current (latest service pack), or so I've been told.

We'll try the test restore on a different machine...  As for the
space question, we restored less than 200MB, and had 12GB available
on the volume.

Thanks for your lightning-fast replies everyone.  =)

-JD.

>From: Justin Derrick [mailto:ADSM AT JUSTINDERRICK DOT COM]
>
>>I've got a system here running Novell Netware 5.1 SP6, with
>TSA500.NLM at 5.0.5d, TSANDS.NLM at 10110.95, and SMDR at 6.50c,
>using the web client at version 5.2.0.0 to manage a restore process
>to an alternate directory.  Here's the catch:
>
>About 75% (of 2000) of the files that we're attempting to restore
>fail with an error that says that the file could not be written, with
>no reason code.  The users still appear to exist, and the other 25%
>of the files restore without an issue.<
>
>Can you restore the troublesome files to another NetWare server? Do
>those files all belong to one (or more) directories?
>
>I don't have a NetWare box in front of me, but are you at the very
>latest version of the TSA5UP patches? If you're not, try an upgrade.
>
>And (the obvious question) do you have enough space in the volume
>you're writing to?
>
>--
>
>Mark Stapleton (stapleton AT berbee DOT com)

This message is for the named person's use only.  It may
contain confidential, proprietary, or legally privileged
information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived or
lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this message
in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it
from your system, destroy any hard copies of it, and notify
the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use,
disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message
if you are not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves
the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its
networks.  Any views or opinions expressed in this message
are solely those of the individual sender, except (1) where
the message states such views or opinions are on behalf of
a particular entity;  and (2) the sender is authorized by
the entity to give such views or opinions.