ADSM-L

Re: p650 with TSM anyone using it?

2003-10-07 17:23:02
Subject: Re: p650 with TSM anyone using it?
From: "Talafous, John G." <Talafous AT TIMKEN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 17:21:12 -0400
How many clients do you NEED to backup? We run a p650 with:

8 1.45GHZ processors
16GB memory
6 3590-H  drives
2.4TB  external disk cache
4x146GB internal disks for 2 AIX instances
8x76GB internal disks for TSM DB and Logs
2 IBM 2109 32 port Fibre switches
14 fibre HBA's

We recently moved to this hardware and are backing up close to 500
application servers (Windoze, Unix, AIX, etc) and almost 2000 workstations
(only the My Documents folder(s)). Our intent is to partition and separate
the Application Servers from Workstations. I really want two physical
servers in different locations so that they can backup each other. This is a
step in that direction.

The machine screams!!!

John G. Talafous              IS Technical Principal
The Timken Company            Global Software Support
P.O. Box 6927                 Data Management
1835 Dueber Ave. S.W.         Phone: (330)-471-3390
Canton, Ohio USA  44706-0927  Fax  : (330)-471-4034
talafous AT timken DOT com           http://www.timken.com