ADSM-L

Re: WRONG Answer: dsmfmt file size

2003-10-07 13:47:55
Subject: Re: WRONG Answer: dsmfmt file size
From: Bob Booth - UIUC <booth AT UIUC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 12:46:06 -0500
I too, have read the manual, and talked to TSM folk, about RAW vs. filesystem
usage.  I must say, that because of ease, I have always used raw LV's and
never had a problem, and get very good performance.

If you are talking about AIX, OS mirroring takes place at the LV level, so
it is a piece of cake to due OS mirroring, with very little guess work.

Set up your LV, and do a mklvcopy, sync and your done.  I use TSM mirroring for
the DB and log, and OS mirroring for STG pools, all LV based.  Again, never a
problem.

bob

I too, have read the manual, and talked to TSM folk, and I have never had