ADSM-L

SV: Xp and Win2003 restore steps with out using BMR/ASR.

2003-10-07 04:22:25
Subject: SV: Xp and Win2003 restore steps with out using BMR/ASR.
From: Christian Svensson <christian.svensson AT CRISTIE DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 10:23:53 +0200
Hi!
That funny!
I have just spoke to Bill Boyer about this.
If you know how to run a disaster recovery manualy with Windows 2000. Then you
know how to run a disaster recovery on a Windows 2003.
It´s the same way.

But here is the steps. With Installation CD
- Install Windows 200x Server with the same service pack that was before
- Install the same level or newer iTSM Client
- Create a new domain (Same as the old one) or Join the domain.
- Boot up the server in AD Repair mode and restore the AD with iTSM.
- Boot up your server in normal mode. Then restore all data. (Include the
Windows Directory)

/Christian Svensson