ADSM-L

Re: Exchange TDP Query Question

2003-10-06 11:01:18
Subject: Re: Exchange TDP Query Question
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 10:59:28 -0400
Gerald,

No.  This won't work.
Well, it won't work unless you are using the same TSM NODENAME
for all of your Exchange Servers.. which I don't recommend.

The command below will query all of the Exchange Server backups
that appear under the NODENAME that you have in the DSM.OPT file.

The "/FROMEXCSERV=server-name" option is really there for doing
cross-Exchange server restores... where you are doing a restore
from a different Exchange Server.. and need to specify the
Exchange Server name that the backup was taken under.

Thanks,

Del

> I'm running the following query using the TDP's cmdline executable ->
> tdpexcc q tsm * /AL /FROMEXCSERV="*"
>
> Would that in theory show me ALL exchange server backups that the TSM
> database knows about for ALL exchange servers?
>
> I realize if there are v1.1.1 backups, this 5.2.1 client would not show
> those and I'd need to do a similar query with v1.1.1 to see those. But
5.x
> is backwards compatible with 2.x so minimum I'm trying to query a
complete
> and comprehensive list of what backups TSM has for all exchange
servers..