ADSM-L

Re: TSM and command logging

2003-10-02 11:35:08
Subject: Re: TSM and command logging
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 17:33:17 +0200
On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 12:32:37 -0500
"Stanley, Jon" <Jon.Stanley AT SAVVIS DOT NET> wrote:

> Here's the situation:   We are a managed hosting company that uses TSM
> for backup,  and we would like to hand off day to day administration of
> the environement to the operations staff.  There are a number of
> inexperienced (in TSM) staff.  We want a way to audit (beyond the normal
> activity log) what it is these people do.  Therefore, I have written a
> wrapper script to dsmadmc that uses tee to send stdout to the screen and
> to a file.  We use a similar script for logging ssh.

<RANT>

Maybe you should just log everything these people type on their PC, monitor
their every move with camera's and have one person secirity staff stay with
them every second of the day.

</RANT>

The problem/challenge you are running into is that dsmadmc likes to know a
lot about the terminal it is running in, and likes to receive even resize
event... maybe that is the problem?

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Reken- en Netwerkdiensten                      http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams