ADSM-L

Re: Path definition

2003-10-01 17:18:49
Subject: Re: Path definition
From: Himanshu A Madhani <madhani AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 14:14:58 -0700
Hi Sylvia,

Use  mt0.0.0.1 and lb1.0.0.1 to define path it will work

- Himanshu

Sylvia Nergard <sylvianer AT NO.IBM DOT COM>
10/01/2003 01:49 PM

        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        cc:
        Subject:        Path definition

Hi folks!

My environment is TSM 5.2 on Windows 2000, tapelibrary is 3583 lto on the
SAN.

II wonder.....when defining path for tapelibrary and drives, should the
device parameter be \\.\Tape0 and Changer0 (which is how Windows sees the
devices?)etc, or mt0.0.0.1 an lb1.0.0.1(which is how TSM sees the
devices?)?
What decides which device name we are going to use in such cases?
I'm running IBM Windows device driver for both library and drives.

kindly regards
-sylvia