ADSM-L

Re: TSM & DR

2003-10-01 12:37:18
Subject: Re: TSM & DR
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 12:35:34 -0400
>The one thing I've always found to be a downside to TSM is the ability to
>easily identify the EXACT amount of tapes required to rebuild an
>environment to it's most current state. ...

That has been a Holy Grail quest for us customers.  There remains no feasible
way to get such a list from the product.  This condition probably stems from
the product philosophy of being file-oriented rather than tape-oriented, in
that the customer need not be concerned with the current tapes upon which
the files reside.  Obviously, DR needs conflict with that neatness, and so
we all would like to see the product accommodate such needs.

   Richard Sims, BU