ADSM-L

Storagetek L180

2003-10-01 07:18:51
Subject: Storagetek L180
From: "kurt.beyers AT pandora DOT be" <kurt.beyers AT PANDORA DOT BE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 13:17:08 +0200
Hello,

I've got a TSM server version 4.1.2 running on Windows2000. The library is a
Storagetek L180 with three DLT8000 drives.

The customer will change two of the drives with SDLT320 drives.

1. Does TSM 4.1.2 support already SDLT320 drives or is an upgrade to TSM 5.2.x
required.

2. How about two SDLT drives and 1 DLT drive remaining in the same library. Do
you've got to setup a library of mixed media and does this give any advantage?
The SDLT can still read DLTIV tapes so I don't really need it.

3. Migration from DLT to SDLT tapes. I would make sure that the new backups
goes directly to SDLT tapes and move then the data written on DLT tapes to SDLT
tapes.

Any guidelines are more then welcome. Thanks in advance,

Kurt