ADSM-L

Moving 3583 from WinNT to Win2000 server

2003-09-29 02:32:41
Subject: Moving 3583 from WinNT to Win2000 server
From: "Murkowski, Krzysztof" <Krzysztof.Murkowski AT VW-POZNAN DOT PL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 08:32:13 +0200
Hello,

I'm trying to move TSM server 3.7.4.0 with LTO 3583 from WinNT to
Win2000 box.
I have problem with installing TSM device for LTO on Win2k.

At the source server (WinNT) in program 'TSM Server Utilities'
at tab 'Device Information' I have following informations:

Device Type                     ; TSM Device Name       ; TSM Device Type
MediumChangerPheripheral        ; lb3.0.0.6             ; LIBRARY

TapePeripheral                  ; \\.\Tape1             ; GENERICTAPE

In Win2000 I'm installing:
- phisicaly the same SCSI Adapter and LTO library
- TSM 3.7.4.0
- LTO driver IBMUltrium.Win2K_5065.zip for the drive and the library
and I have following configuration:

Device Type                     ; TSM Device Name       ; TSM Device Type
MediumChangerPheripheral        ; Changer0              ; n/a
TapePeripheral                  ; \\.\Tape1             ; GENERICTAPE

If I'm removing LTO drivers and Win2k service 'Removable storage'
I have something like that:

Device Type                     ; TSM Device Name       ; TSM Device Type
MediumChangerPheripheral        ; n/a                   ; n/a
TapePeripheral                  ; \\.\Tape1             ; GENERICTAPE

As you see there is problem with TSM Device for library.
What should I do and in which order to have TSM Device installed ???

Any help greatfully appreciated.
Regards,
Krzysztof Murkowski

--
Krzysztof Murkowski
PF3 - Informationssysteme

VOLKSWAGEN Poznań Sp.z o.o.
ul. Warszawska 349
61-060 Poznań

Telefon + 48 (61) 8761 706
Telefax + 48 (61) 8761 475
mailto:krzysztof.murkowski AT vw-poznan DOT pl