ADSM-L

Re: R: POSTSCHEDULECMD failed, but event was successful

2003-09-25 18:49:33
Subject: Re: R: POSTSCHEDULECMD failed, but event was successful
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 16:49:05 -0600
You are probably seeing APAR IC35203. This is fixed in client version
5.1.6.0 and up.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

Mike Angels <sysprogm AT VIRGILIO DOT IT>
09/25/2003 14:57

        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        cc:
        Subject:        R: POSTSCHEDULECMD failed, but event was
successful

Hi Bill,

I saw the same behavior on schedules of type=command.
I launched a backup script and even if the script exits with a return code
of 8 (exit 8) the event is showed as COMPLETED instead
of FAILED.
The current versions are:
  TSM Server 5.1.6.0 on AIX 4.3.3
  TSM Client 5.1 on AIX 4.3.3

I think that with the version 4 of TSM the event used to be considered
FAILED when the launched command exited with a return code
of 8.

Regards,

Mike Angels