ADSM-L

Re: Oracle Recovery failed

2003-09-25 10:48:16
Subject: Re: Oracle Recovery failed
From: Juan Manuel Lopez Azañon <jmlopez AT NNE DOT ES>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 16:48:09 +0200
There is not a lot information on rman log. It is much better to use
sbtio.log like an alternative information source about what is happening.
Which is the sbtio.log message  ?

Por favor, responda a "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
Enviado por:    "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
Destinatarios:        ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
CC:
Asunto:        Re: Oracle Recovery failed

The log from the first backup is a little baffling because Oracle is
claiming that it cannot find the archive log but Data Protection for
Oracle is not complaining. Compare it to the second log where DP for
Oracle is actually giving an error that the archive log requested by
Oracle cannot be found on the TSM Server. The information that you have
given me thus far does not tell me much.

However, in this RAC environment are you backing up your data all from the
same node in the cluster? If not are you duplicating the DP for Oracle
nodename to all DP for Oracle nodes so that all the backups are cataloged
to the TSM Server under the same node? The most common problem seen in RAC
environments are the fact that backups are done from different nodes from
within the environment but each node is using slightly different TSM/TDP
options so that during the restore to a particular node not all of the
backup information can be retrieved.

These are just some thoughts that I have. If none of this helps I highly
suggest that you use our support channels to resolve this problem; they
are knowledgable in this area.