ADSM-L

Re: Deleting a copypool

2003-09-23 15:53:50
Subject: Re: Deleting a copypool
From: Todd Lundstedt <Todd_Lundstedt AT VIA-CHRISTI DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 14:53:24 -0500
Return the tapes to your library (if you have one) and update each volume
to readonly or readwrite.  They will be deleted from the storage pool, and
then you can delete the storage pool.

admin AT CF2TREE DOT COM
09/23/2003 02:21 PM

        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        cc:
        Fax to:
        Subject:        Deleting a copypool

Hi,

I created a copypool a month ago so I could copy a set of tapes to be
stored
offsite.  Now, I no longer need those tapes. Reading the help manual, I
first
deleted each tape with 'DISCARDDATA=YES' option. Every tape was
successfully
deleted. I then proceeded to delete the copy pool. However, TSM refused to
remove the pool, saying it still containing tapes. Can someone help me to
get
those tapes out of this copypool?  The access of those tapes are all
marked 'OFFSITE' in within this pool right now.

My TSM server version is 5.1.6.2 running on AIX 5.1

TIA