ADSM-L

Re: Server down....ans1865e (urgent)

2003-09-23 08:42:11
Subject: Re: Server down....ans1865e (urgent)
From: Juan Manuel Lopez Azañon <jmlopez AT NNE DOT ES>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 14:42:15 +0200
You can start the server ( dsmserv process ) directly from your console,
then you can see the messages and what is happening on your server. Try
it.
Also, it is a good idea reboot the server machine, maybe there are some
process hung on it.

Por favor, responda a "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
Enviado por:    "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
Destinatarios:        ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
CC:
Asunto:        Server down....ans1865e (urgent)

Hi All,
Server is 4.1.2 soon to be upgraded, WIN 2000. This morning I came
in and saw it was unresponsive. I restarted the service but to no avail.
Rebooted the server but still I am not able to connect to the server.
Neither command line nor gui nor web interface is working. I get the
following error:   ANS1865E session rejected: Named pipes connection
failure.
The dsmserv.opt and dsm.opt file have not been changed since over
a year. I am at a loss how to diagnose this problem.
Any and all help is much appreciated.

Raminder Braich.