ADSM-L

Re: Copypool Reclamation

2003-09-20 18:55:55
Subject: Re: Copypool Reclamation
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 01:25:01 +0300
This ought to happen because your volumes have not been marked in the
database as being offsite. "upd v * stg=<offsite_pool> acc=offsite" will
do the trick.
If a copypool volume is offsite, the server is reading from primary pool
volumes and is making new copies on new volume. Then the new volume is
sent offsite and previous one is brought back (after its reuse delay
expires).
If a copypool volume is having status "readwrite" or "readonly", it is
considered onsite and its reclamation is performed as for primary pool
volumes to avoid multiple source volume mounts.

For better understanding of the process you can be directed to the most
ultimate source - redbook "TSM Concepts", SG24-4877. Even if you have read
it once, you may find some good reading there, missed or forgotten.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Mark Bertrand <Mark.Bertrand AT USUNWIRED DOT COM>
19.09.2003 21:58