ADSM-L

ANR7837S Internal error TBUNDO012 and ANR9999D tbundo.c(256): Error1 on insert from table Backup.Objects for undo

2003-09-17 10:39:24
Subject: ANR7837S Internal error TBUNDO012 and ANR9999D tbundo.c(256): Error1 on insert from table Backup.Objects for undo
From: David McClelland <David.McClelland AT REUTERS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 15:38:29 +0100
Oops,

Seems as though one of our TSM servers has not been looked after
properly, has tried to overrun its recovery log and fallen over on its
face with the usual ANR7837S LOGSEQ errors. Our friendly second-level
guy went ahead and created a new log vol and tried to dsmserv extend to
get it in, but it failed with such errors as:

        ANR9999D tbundo.c(256): Error1 on insert from table
Backup.Objects for undo.
        ANR7837S Internal error TBUNDO012 detected

It's a Win2K AS server running at lowly 4.1.3 - now as I remember, TSM
recovery log hits a ceiling at around 5GB until after 4.2. I think, from
looking at the logvols already assigned, that we're at that ceiling now,
and aren't able to extend it any further. The logvol that was attempted
to be added was only 20MB so I'm guessing we're *right* up to that
ceiling - not good I know...

So team, any ideas for how to get the TSM server back up again?

Rgds,

David McClelland
Global Management Systems
Reuters Ltd