ADSM-L

Re: IP question

2003-09-16 19:18:52
Subject: Re: IP question
From: Paul Ripke <stix AT STIX.HOMEUNIX DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 09:16:52 +1000
On Tuesday, Sep 16, 2003, at 22:19 Australia/Sydney, William Rosette
wrote:

I run TSM through TCP/IP and have currently changed the server address.
Now I must go through all dsm.opt and dsm.sys files and change
accordingly.
My question is will this cause incremental full backups on all that get
changed?

Nope, it shouldn't. We did this when installing a second ethernet card
in
our server. You can even export-import a clients backups onto another
server and continue with the incremental cycle. Generally, it's only
changes on the client that will force fulls.

Cheers,
--
Paul Ripke
Unix/OpenVMS/TSM/DBA