ADSM-L

Re: ANR8355E

2003-09-16 16:40:48
Subject: Re: ANR8355E
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 14:40:12 -0600
I'm not an authority about hardware issues, but figured I'd offer up some
generic suggestions. Take them with a grain of salt...

- Are you getting any other ANRnnnn messages at the same time as the
ANR8355E? ANR8302E perhaps? Something with some sense info in it.

- Verify that all related firmware and non-TSM drivers (i.e. for library,
drives, adapter) are up to date. I don't know about your adapters, but you
might try poking around the IBM FTP site
ftp://service.boulder.ibm.com/storage to check for latest drivers (perhaps
you are familiar with this already). I see a subdirectory for 3584 that
contains some fairly recent code, though I wouldn't be able to tell you
what to apply (hopefully you know this?)

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

Debi Randolph <Debra.Randolph AT FBOL DOT COM>
09/16/2003 12:40