ADSM-L

Move NodeData, and copy storage pools

2003-09-16 12:34:44
Subject: Move NodeData, and copy storage pools
From: Todd Lundstedt <Todd_Lundstedt AT VIA-CHRISTI DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 11:33:36 -0500
TSM 5.1.7.1 on AIX 4.3.3
I have moved data for several nodes from one primary storage pool to
another primary storage pool.  Each of these primaries has a different
copy storage pool defined.
OrigPrimaryStg  --> OrigCopyStg
NewPrimaryStg --> NewCopyStg

move nodedata node1,node2 from=OrigPrimaryStg to=NewPrimaryStg

After the move, the backup of the NewPrimaryStg copied the data to
NewCopyStg, but how do I remove the data from OrigCopyStg?  Per the
documentation, one cannot move data from one copy storage pool to another.
 Am I stuck with doing a move nodedata within the OrigCopyStg, then
deleting the volumes?  I am assuming after the move nodedata, I could
"delete vol xxxxxx discarddata=yes" for the OrigCopyStg volumes that
contain ONLY data from node1 and node2, and it will NOT delete the data in
the primary storage pool (NewPrimaryStg) and it's copy storage pool
(NewCopyStg).  Is that a correct assumption, too?  Help on Delete Volume
indicates copies will be deleted when primaries volumes are deleted, but
it doesn't specify if primaries are deleted when copy volumes are deleted.

Thanks in advance
Todd