ADSM-L

Re: how to move data in one MGMCLASS to diff tapepool?

2003-09-16 06:55:49
Subject: Re: how to move data in one MGMCLASS to diff tapepool?
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 13:53:58 +0300
1. Move all the data to the new place. Use either migration or 'move
data'.
2. After those 60 days all unnecessary data will expire.

As you stated the new place is large and your concerns are about the "old"
all should be fine.
Even you can run backups to smaller stgpool while migration is running.
Data can easily be distinguished by "migdelay" parameter.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

"MC Matt Cooper (2838)" <Matt.Cooper AT AMGREETINGS DOT COM>
16.09.2003 13:33