ADSM-L

Re: Non-IBM LTO tapes in a 3584

2003-09-12 10:50:47
Subject: Re: Non-IBM LTO tapes in a 3584
From: Shawn Price <sprice AT MORRISONHOMES DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 10:29:56 -0400
Mark,
 For what it's worth, my boss cheaped out and got some non IBM tapes for our
3584, and I've had nothing but problems with them. Mostly Imation and a few
Emtecs. We are running the first generation LTO 1 drives, so there might be
an issue with those as well. I have now gone in and just started pulling the
tapes that have gone read-only more than twice and replaced them with IBMs.

Shawn