ADSM-L

Re: 4.2.2.12 to 5.1.0.0 upgrade and PATHS

2003-09-12 02:46:54
Subject: Re: 4.2.2.12 to 5.1.0.0 upgrade and PATHS
From: P Baines <paul.baines AT ECB DOT INT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 08:46:03 +0200
If you are upgrading library manager and clients you should be careful. The
upgrade process will define paths on all your servers, and it all looks and
works ok. Until you want to define a new drive (or delete/redefine a drive)
on a library client. Then you will discover that the 4.2 Admin Guide is
wrong (5.1 is correct). All drive and path definitions now need to be done
on the library manager. Only a library definition is done on the clients. If
you don't use library managers and clients the upgrade process should define
your paths and you should be OK. (My experience on AIX)

Paul.