ADSM-L

Re: 4.2.2.12 to 5.1.0.0 upgrade and PATHS

2003-09-11 11:32:55
Subject: Re: 4.2.2.12 to 5.1.0.0 upgrade and PATHS
From: Farren Minns <fminns AT WILEY.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 16:30:14 +0100
Ok, so here I can't see a pattern emerging. For some yes, and for some no.
Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

It's just that I need everything to take the shortest time poss (dont we
all), and would like to know exactly what I'll need to do, not having done
this before.

I'm sure it'll all work out ok...

Thanks to all

Farren
|+--------------------------------+---------------------------------------|
||   Lawrence Clark               |                                       |
||   <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE DOT NY|

||   .US>                         |   To:        ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

||   Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor    |           cc:                         |
||   Manager"                     |           Subject:        Re: 4.2.2.12|
||   <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>       |   to 5.1.0.0 upgrade and PATHS

||                                |                                       |
||   09/11/2003 04:07 PM          |                                       |
||   Please respond to "ADSM: Dist|                                       |
||   Stor Manager"                |                                       |
||                                |                                       |
|+--------------------------------+---------------------------------------|

On the other hand, we upgraded from 4.2 to 5.1, have two 3494 libraries,
and did not have to manually define the paths..............

>>> David_R_Nicholson AT WHIRLPOOL DOT COM 09/11/03 10:22AM >>>
We made the same upgrade 4.2 to 5.1 on our AIX server. We also have
3494
library. We deffinetly had to manually define the paths after the
upgrade.

Dave Nicholson
Whirlpool Corporation

Farren Minns <fminns AT WILEY.CO DOT UK>
09/11/2003 07:53 AM

To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:
Subject:        4.2.2.12 to 5.1.0.0 upgrade and PATHS

Hi TSMers

Ok, my questions about the 4.2 to 5.1 upgrade are prolly getting
boring,
but I always like to make sure I've asked every silly question I can so
as
not to get caught out.

So, next week I'm going from 4.2.2.12 to 5.1.6.2 on a Solaris 2.7
node.

I understand that PATHS are a new feature (or complication) of 5.1 but
want
to know if, after upgrade I HAVE to define these. I was speaking to an
IBM
rep the other day and he said yes, but I have heard others say they
didn't
have to do it (sorry to keep hastling you Gary). Our setup is one tcp
attached 3494 library with two scsi 3590 tape drives. I'm surprised
that
the upgrade would not see these devices already set up and create the
paths
accordingly.

Anyone got a definte answer here. Also, looking at the quick-start
guide
on
the 5.1.0.0 media, it doesn't mention paths. The Admin guide does, but
not
the quick start.

mm

Anyway, thanks for any pointers

Farren Minns - John Wiley & Sons Ltd

This email transmission is confidential and intended for the person or
organisation it is addressed to. If you are not the intended
recipient,
you
must not copy, distribute, or disseminate the information, open any
attachment, or take any action in reliance of it. If you have received
this
message in error please notify the sender.

sender,
except where the sender specifically states otherwise.

Although this email has been scanned for viruses you should rely on
your
own virus check, as the sender takes no responsibility for any damage
arising out of any bug or virus infection.