ADSM-L

Re: Win32 baclient dies when backing up system object !?

2003-09-09 12:28:56
Subject: Re: Win32 baclient dies when backing up system object !?
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 10:28:31 -0600
If the client is just "disappearing", it is probably crashing. You can
confirm this by setting Dr. Watson as your default debugger. From the OS
command prompt issue:

   drwtsn32 -i

Then try to reproduce the crash, and see if you get a pop-up message about
the crash.

There were some bugs in earlier client code that could cause the client to
crash while processing system objects. I would recommend upgrading to the
5.1.6 client, as that fixes these problems.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

Kjetil Furnes <kjetil.furnes AT WIDECOMPUTING DOT COM>
09/09/2003 08:26