ADSM-L

Re: ANR8302E I/O error on drive

2003-09-08 05:38:33
Subject: Re: ANR8302E I/O error on drive
From: Paul Ripke <stix AT STIX.HOMEUNIX DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 19:36:40 +1000
On Monday, Sep 8, 2003, at 19:16 Australia/Sydney, hassan MOURTADI
wrote:

Hi,

I can not perform backup. The following message is appreared in Q actl:

ANR8302E I/O error on drive DR-4-257 (\\.\TAPE2) (OP=OFFL,
                       Error Number=121, CC=0, KEY=00, ASC=00, ASCQ=00,

                       SENSE=**NONE**, Description=An undetermined
error
has
                       occurred).  Refer to Appendix D in the
'Messages'
manual
                       for recommended action.

Since you didn't specify an OS (or TSM version, or much else), I'll take
a punt given the tape drive path this is some Win32 flavour, in which
case a quick google says Win32 error code 121 is ERROR_SEM_TIMEOUT, "The
semaphore timeout period has expired".

I'd hazard a guess you've got a communications problem between your
server and tape drive - but I'll let more Win32 literate people chime
in.

Have you restarted the TSM server process at all?

Cheers,
--
Paul Ripke
Unix/OpenVMS/TSM/DBA