ADSM-L

Re: how much of the DB does a node use?

2003-09-05 11:06:25
Subject: Re: how much of the DB does a node use?
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 11:05:57 -0400
>        So the question is,  How can I find out how much of the TSM DB does
>each of my client nodes use?

Matt - As Wanda says, not so easy to determine.

I would tend to approach it via the Occupancy info, which provides the number of
files (um, I mean, filespace objects), by type, in primary and copy storage
pools.  The Admin Guide topic "Estimating and Monitoring Database and Recovery
Log Space Requirements" provides numbers for space utilized.  The product of the
two would yield an approximate number.

Generally, though, no one really cares: whatever space the server needs per its
internals, we customers give it.

  Richard Sims, BU