ADSM-L

Re: TSM 4.2.2.12 to 5.1.0.0 and over

2003-09-05 09:35:26
Subject: Re: TSM 4.2.2.12 to 5.1.0.0 and over
From: "Hart, Charles" <charles.hart AT MEDTRONIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 08:34:24 -0500
We have a Sun Box that had TSM 4.1.6 and went to 5.2.  We followed the "Migrate
Install Procedure" Which basically was to do a pkgrm, then run the pkgadd and
it installed the new binaries and did the DB upgrade.  Took 3hrs for a 4way
4500 with a 40GB TSM DB.  You will have to confirm what patch level the OS has
to be.  I did not have to do any patching of the os.  We are @ SunOS 5.8
Generic_108528-16 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-Enterprise

AIX is a little nicer as you do not have to remove the binaries...