ADSM-L

Re: DSMFMT takes forever ( 15 hours). 100 gb

2003-09-03 16:37:26
Subject: Re: DSMFMT takes forever ( 15 hours). 100 gb
From: Dwight Cook <cookde AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 13:26:38 -0500
All I can say is that the dsmfmt simply writes "Eric" over and over and
over again...

If things grind to a halt, it is probably, simply due to the I/O to the
drive/raid array/filesystem

Dwight

                      "Ochs, Duane"
                      <Duane.Ochs AT QG DOT CO        To:       ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      M>                       cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  DSMFMT takes forever (
15 hours). 100 gb
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      09/03/2003 11:22
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Does anyone know of or had problems with formatting additional space for
diskpools ?

TSM server : AIX 5.1 ML3 64-bit enabled. 2GB memory 2 cpu H80

Disk type : 6 member raid set about 700 GB

JFS2

Trying to format 100gb diskpool. Each time I have tried it brings the TSM
server to almost a stand still. TSM is up on the box but nothing is running
during 8 hours of the format. Should be more than enough time to format
100gb of space.

Any ideas ?