ADSM-L

Re: ANR0102E

2003-09-03 15:14:06
Subject: Re: ANR0102E
From: Jurjen Oskam <jurjen-tsm AT STUPENDOUS DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 20:04:20 +0200
On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 01:02:02PM -0400, Lawrence Clark wrote:

> Richard Sims wrote:
>
>> aggravated by a prevailing device problem, I am wondering if you have
>> MIRRORWrite in effect for your DB and/or Recovery Log...with Sequential
>> writing?
> RAID-5 protection on our TSM DB.

That's either OS or storage system mirroring, not TSM mirroring. The TSM
documentation implies that TSM mirroring will protect against certain failures
against which OS or storage system mirroring will not protect. (I think
this is a shortcoming of TSM, but not so bad I can't live with it. :-) )

--
Jurjen Oskam

PGP Key available at http://www.stupendous.org/