ADSM-L

Re: Why would I want to install the TIVguid pkg on any of my UNIX cli ents?

2003-09-03 13:25:12
Subject: Re: Why would I want to install the TIVguid pkg on any of my UNIX cli ents?
From: "Wholey, Joseph (IDS DM&DS)" <joseph_wholey AT ML DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 13:09:37 -0400
There is very little documentation on TIVguid.  The "IBM Tivoli Storaga Manager
for Unix Backup-Archive Clients Installation and User's Guide" states numerous
times, "TIVguid is a prerequisite for the
TSM API and the backup-archive client and must be installed first".  However,
the README file for the same same code has no mention of it being a
prerequisite at all.

I also have numerous installations runnning without the TIVguid package and
don't seem to be experiencing problems.  Can anyone provide any further info on
this.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Regards, Joe