ADSM-L

Question/Experience: backint V3R3M1 on Linux SLES 8 (~ SuSE 8.2) don't care for util_file?

2003-09-03 05:39:50
Subject: Question/Experience: backint V3R3M1 on Linux SLES 8 (~ SuSE 8.2) don't care for util_file?
From: "Runte, Marcel" <Marcel.Runte AT DE.BP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 11:24:30 +0200
Hi gurus,

I'll give you as much information on my question/experience as possible and as
I'm allowed.

Our environment consists of TWO TSM Servers running on AIX 4.3.10 (one for
disaster reasons) and MANY clients on different OS (AIX, Solaris, Linux).

I try to configure a TSM client on a maschine running SLES 8 (Kernel:
2.4.19-64GB-SMP),
and the backup process itself is successful with the running SAP R/3 System
(4.5B) and an ORACLE database (8.1.7.4.0).
But I wonder, why backint V3R3M1 still tries to backup on BOTH Servers, even if
the util_file contains then following lines:

less init<SID>.utl
*snipp*
BACKUPIDPREFIX          <SID>___
MAX_SESSIONS            2
MULTIPLEXING            1
#SORT_FILE               /oracle/<SID>/dbs/backint.sortfile
BUFFSIZE           131072
REDOLOG_COPIES          2
MAX_VERSIONS            15
BATCH                   YES
REPORT                  2
CONFIG_FILE             /oracle/<SID>/dbs/init<SID>.bki
RL_COMPRESSION          YES
SERVER          sap1<SID>
    SESSIONS            0
    PASSWORDREQUIRED    YES
    BRBACKUPMGTCLASS    AIXORADB1_VERSION AIXORADB2_VERSION
    BRARCHIVEMGTCLASS   R3LOG1_VERSION R3LOG2_VERSION
    ADSMNODE           <SID>
    USE_AT              0 1 2 3 4 5 6
SERVER          sap2<SID>
    SESSIONS            2
    PASSWORDREQUIRED    YES
    BRBACKUPMGTCLASS    AIXORADB1_VERSION AIXORADB2_VERSION
    BRARCHIVEMGTCLASS   R3LOG1_VERSION R3LOG2_VERSION
    ADSMNODE            <SID>
    USE_AT              0 1 2 3 4 5 6
END
*snapp*

A 'test' run with the ora<sid> user, perfoming backint -f password:

<hostname>:ora<sid> 53> backint -p init<SID>.utl -u / -f password

                  Data Protection for mySAP.com(R) technology

         Interface between SAPDBA Utilities and Tivoli Storage Manager
               - Version 3, Release 3, Modification 1  for Linux -
                 Build: 196  compiled on Feb 24 2003
        (c) Copyright IBM Corporation, 1996, 2003, All Rights Reserved.

BKI2027I: Using TSM-API version 5.1.6.0 (compiled with 4.2.3.0).
BKI2000I: Successfully connected to PROLE on port tdpr3ora.
BKI0005I: Start of program at: Wed Sep  3 10:37:34 2003 .
BKI2017I: Blocksize is set to 131072 bytes
BKI0049I: Please enter password for node <SID> on server SAP1<SID>:
BKI0051I: Password successfully verified for node <SID> on server SAP1<SID>.
BKI0049I: Please enter password for node <SID> on server SAP2<SID>:
BKI0051I: Password successfully verified for node <SID> on server SAP2<SID>.
BKI0020I: End of program at: Wed Sep  3 10:37:40 2003 .
BKI0021I: Elapsed time: 06 sec .
BKI0024I: Return code is: 0.
<hostname>:ora<sid> 54>

As you can see, backint still connects itself to both servers, even in the
util_file the first server (SAP1<SID>) is configured with '0 sessions'.
The same experience I made, when I tried to really backup archive logs, for
example. The files are randomly distributed either to the first or to the
second TSM Server, because sessions are 'build up' in both directions.
I'm complaining, because when now one of our TSM Servers shuts down for any
reason, no full restore of Oracle (and SAP) will be possible immediately,
because of missing archive logs. Sigh :(

So my question(s):
Don't backint V3R3M1 on Linux SLES 8 (~ SuSE 8.2) look into that util_file? Is
this a known bug? Where does it get its additional information for the first
server, even its not configured? Anyone out there, who had same experience
made? Anyone knows a solution? Have I overlooked something?

Additional information:
Content of init<SID>.sap:

less init<SID>.sap
*snipp*